Earn 5000 BetterPoints
Come to one of our BikeSmart Skills sessions and get 5,000 BetterPoints for taking part!
We have organised the following free, fun two hour sessions and build your skills while earning rewards.
Collect 5,000 BetterPoints for coming to a session – that's enough for a £5 gift voucher!
Back on your bike confidence booster!
- Would you like to refresh your cycling skills?
- Nervous about cycling on roads?
This session will help brush up basic skills such as turning, braking and emergency braking, signalling and most importantly, looking behind. It includes an introduction to cycling on roads.
Urban Explorer – it’s a jungle!
- Looking to increase your confidence when cycling on roads?
- Interested in finding routes for cycling around town and to popular destinations?
This session will help develop on-road cycling skills, you will learn more about road positioning, communicating with other road-users and try out various junction manoeuvres and how to improve your safety in traffic.
Basic Bike maintenance
- Another puncture or faulty brakes stopping you riding?
- Want to spend less money on repairs?
This course is designed to cover what every cyclist needs to know about maintaining your bike. Starting with how to do a safety check and bike fit through to how to repair punctures and change a tyre, an overview of gears and brakes, cleaning and lubrication and other simple maintenance tips that will keep your bike running for longer!
How do you book?
Here are the sessions available.
|Women's Festival of Cycling Fun Ride||Mon 24th July||17.00-19.00||Palmer Park - meet by the ReadyBike stand|
|Women's Festival of Cycling Fun Ride||Thurs 28th July||17.00-19.00||Rivermead Leisure Centre - meet by the ReadyBike stand|
If you're interested in joining in on one of the sessions email us.
Remember to register for BetterPoints so we can transfer the points at your session and use the app to get points every time you cycle.
What you need to know in advance
- Book a space 24 hours in advance to be kept up to date on any changes
- For a FREE bike check please arrive 15 minutes ahead of the advertised start time (cycling sessions)
- Free Readybike hire is available for cycling sessions if needed – must be booked in advance
- Helmets are recommended but they are not compulsory.
- Prior Booking essential
- To receive 5000 BetterPoints must download the app on your phone and register in advance of the course
- Bring your phone with you to scan in and receive the 5,000 BetterPoints
- Participants must be 18 years or older (14-18 can attend if accompanied by an adult)
These sessions are run by Avanti Cycling Instructors
Valid from 22 Feb 2017 to 31 Jul 2017
You can only receive this reward once.
This reward is only valid for activities of type: Cycling Skills Session.
Part of your activity must be in one of the following locations: